Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Journal #5


Journal #5

    Today was definitely a challenging day for me. I can't help but take it personally when some of the people in our tutoring group don't show up. It makes me wonder what I can do differently to make attendance higher. Maybe it would be smart to shorten tutoring to once a week for an hour because the tutees might be more motivated to show up.
    Luckily, Carol ended up attending our tutoring session, but since no one else did, Emily, Megan and I had to tutor her. Carol said she was so grateful that she had three tutors because she loves the attention, which I thought was sweet.
    Her assignment for the day was to do a PSA about a health-related topic. She pulled up an old document we had worked on about eating disorders and decided to choose the topic of Bulimia. She was very successful in finding relevant information about Bulimia for her PSA on Google, but was unable to add any sort of creativity to the PSA because she wasn't familiar with the design elements of Word. I wonder if, when I become a teacher, I should do a lesson on the different aspects of Word to compensate for those who do not have much knowledge on it.
    I tagged this under Learners Growth and Development because she picked up new skills in Word regarding the design of her document. I want to continue to teach her more elements of Word that can improve the design of her document. For example, I can teach her how to do borders or even how to make pamphlets on Word. 



No comments:

Post a Comment